Author Topic: Blogcasts!!  (Read 1432 times)

Offline ArielTheMermaid

• Apprentice Hero
    • View Profile
Blogcasts!!
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »
I think that a new way we can incorporate podcasts into class is to have students make personal reflective blogs, but instead of writing posts (or in addition) they can make podcasts. I think sometimes we forget about speaking when our Ss leave the classroom, and always we encourage them to talk to native speakers and engage in society. But this is not always easy for our students. Maybe by having them making personal blogs where they speak instead of write--they can listen to themselves.

In order to do this, I would not use a blog website--too OLD SCHOOL. Instead the students should make their OWN YouTube channel, I think that could be extremely fun and exciting. Everyone has some method of recording these days, and YouTube channels can be private, and to be honest, no one is looking for your journal reflective channel. All students can have access to each other's channel and leave comments.

This, however, needs to be an integrated component of the classroom. They need to be taught how to use YouTube, and more importantly, how to record, and upload things. I would even suggest a recording management tool to edit recordings if necessary. This would indeed take up class time, but I think it would be worth it. They can track their progress and even track their accent! Great for personal autonomy of their own learning!!