Author Topic: Funny Peer Review Video  (Read 3260 times)

Offline salvador

• Dumbledore Poster!
  • Karma Points! 9
    • View Profile
Funny Peer Review Video
« on: September 14, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
I've found that my ESL students don't really get excited about peer reviews. Fellow TA Aileen Ruane made this great find. It's a group of middle schoolers demonstrating what not to do (and who not to be) during a peer review.

I wrapped it up with, "So we're all college students, so we're hopefully better at peer review than these kids." They laughed and went to work.

Peer Review TOP 10 Mistakes

Offline Andy Hunt

• Dumbledore Poster!
  • Karma Points! 17
    • View Profile
Re: Funny Peer Review Video
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 04:16:17 PM »
I think this is a fantastic way to introduce students to the joys of peer correction. In some schools, peer correction is often pushed onto the students and the teacher has high expectations for what the students will get from it. Culturally, it can be very strange and intimidating for students. A video like this is a great way to introduce students to the idea of peer correction and it should lead to interesting discussions. It's also important that teachers spend some time training students to become effective peer "feedbackers!"
In my own studies, I have occasionally felt uncomfortable giving feedback to a peer. :?don'tknow We must remember how intimidating and nerve-wracking it must be for a student doing it in a second language.