Author Topic: Peer Review Guidelines/Cause-effect essay  (Read 3732 times)

Offline musil84

• Dumbledore Poster!
  • Karma Points! 10
    • View Profile
Peer Review Guidelines/Cause-effect essay
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:35:03 AM »
I adapted guidelines for peer review on a cause/effect essay from one of my colleagues.  I designed a new format specifically to address the issue of students ignoring the previous guidelines and only giving each other grammar comments instead of content.  The principle of this chart is that for each step, students must answer either yes, or no to each question.  If they answer yes, they can continue.  If they answer no, they must stop and post a comment with "track changes/comments" in the word document.

I will be using this in class later this week and will post a follow-up on how effective it was.

Offline musil84

• Dumbledore Poster!
  • Karma Points! 10
    • View Profile
Re: Peer Review Guidelines/Cause-effect essay
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
Since posting this rubric, I have used this in my class for peer feedback on C/E essays.  I am very happy with the results - almost all of my students gave good, productive feedback.  Two of my students also voluntarily commented specifically on the rubric, stating that because it was so simple and direct, they were able to follow it well to comment on specific areas.  They also said that while doing the feedback with this rubric, they also identifed weaknesses in their own writing.