Author Topic: A couple useful articles concerning peer feedback  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Ally_DiGi

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 12
    • View Profile
A couple useful articles concerning peer feedback
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:27:12 PM »
One of the challenges that can arise with employing the use of peer feedback in a reading and writing class  is helping some students see the usefulness and benefit in doing peer-feedback.  I found these two articles, sent to me from my component leader at the IEI, Lu Ann Sorenson, to be very useful in equipping me with the rationale behind doing peer feedback.
 "Training for Fail-Proof Peer Review" is written by Soo Hyon Kim who is a MATESL graduate from UIUC and the other resource is a chapter written by Ferris & Hedgecock.  Both of these attachments spell out some valuable information that we can use to help our students see how peer-feedback is beneficial in that it not only helps the students to reflect on their own writing while looking at their classmates' writing, but that the students' classmates do have valuable input to contribute. 
There are also useful charts and reflection sheets which can be used and adapted in a peer-feedback portion of a reading/writing class. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:28:09 PM by Ally_DiGi »