Author Topic: ESL Games  (Read 1598 times)

Offline spark

• Norbert Poster
  • Karma Points! 7
    • View Profile
ESL Games
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »
http://www.eslgamesworld.com/Games.html

Check out the above website for access to a variety ESL games for your students! There's a section for online games, vocabulary exercises, as well as classroom activities that range from jeopardy to billionaire. This would definitely be a fun way to get students involved and learning! Some activities focus on vocabulary building but there's also ones that help students with learning past/present/future tenses, parts of speech, prepositions and so much more.

Offline Evan Branson

• Norbert Poster
  • Karma Points! 7
    • View Profile
Re: ESL Games (Killer)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 06:43:32 PM »
I used to play this game in spoken English class in China when there was a bit of down time at the end of a semi-free conversational class. I dont see a conversation section on the forum, but I think I can just put it here.
The game is called Killer, and can be played by a group of five to 8 students, ideally. It is like a cross of heads up and well, a game where someone secretly kills a person. First, you as the teacher are the Judge, and you job is to facilitate the game. Next, you let students pick a card apiece. The students will keep their cards a secret. You will designate one card as the killer card and one card as the cop card. Once everyone has their card, let everyone put their heads down on the desk so that they cannot see. Ask the killer to raise his/her head and point at someone to kill. Have everyone then raise their heads and announce which person is now dead (usually gets a laugh and surprise). Then ask each person to say who they thought killed the dead person. Have a vote. The voted person is then killed by the Judge (you). If the voted person was the killer, then the game ends. If the killer is still at large, rinse and repeat until either the killer is the last one standing, the cop dies, or the killer is discovered.