Author Topic: Post Reading Activity-- Charades  (Read 1442 times)

Offline cindyyang

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 2
    • View Profile
Post Reading Activity-- Charades
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:43:26 PM »
There are a lot of ways to do post reading activities, games is always a good way to create a more interesting interaction in class.
I thought about using "charades" for post reading activity, where teacher could find several short stories for students to read.
And then have each student to act the main character in front of the class or within small groups, while other students write down a guess of what this student is acting based on the reading materials they were assigned.
This might be able to motivate students read because he/ she would have to perform in front of the class, and also help students to pay more attention to some descriptive vocabularies in the reading in order to help them act out the character better.
What do you think?  :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:45:50 PM by cindyyang »

Offline Xiaowan

• Norbert Poster
  • Karma Points! 1
    • View Profile
Re: Post Reading Activity-- Charades
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »
I agree with the part that a charade game can motivate students to read more because it is fun; however, what I am worrying is that how this game can generate interaction between students. If the game is timed, students who are acting out and students who are guessing can both be nervous and just tend to use as few words as possible to get the correct answer. Even if the game is not timed, it might be hard for students to mimic the story characters if they are given no guides. I think charades are more suitable for learning the vocabularies in a story rather than the plot. But I believe it can be really fun! ;)