Author Topic: My suggestions for Peer Review  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Muna

• Norbert Poster
  • Karma Points! 3
    • View Profile
My suggestions for Peer Review
« on: April 02, 2015, 05:37:08 PM »

1. Organization

A. Introduction
            1. Does the writer provide appropriate background information? What changes can be made?
            2. What is the writer's main argument? Underline or highlight it.
      B. Body Paragraphs
            1. Underline the topic sentence of each paragraph.
            4. Does each paragraph follow a logical progression? If not, what changes do you suggest?
            5. Is there any paragraph that needs more evidence, examples, or explanation? If so, what paragraph? what information is missing?
      C. Conclusion
           1. How is the conclusion related to the main idea(s) of the essay? Underline any irrelevant information. 
           2. How can the conclusion be improved?
2. overall Clarity
           1. Identify any confusing or unclear ideas (write unclear or put ?)
           2. What information is insignificant or irrelevant to the main argument?
3. Source Integration

1. Underline or circle any examples, quotations, facts used from the given article.
           2.  How does the information from the article relate to the writer's argument?
           3. What other information can be added from the article to support the writer's argument?
           4. Underline any incorrect format of in-text citation of the article.
4. Final Comments
           1. What do you like about this essay? What needs improvement? 

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:46:40 PM by Muna »

Offline Karesa

• Fluffy Poster
  • Karma Points! 5
    • View Profile
Re: My suggestions for Peer Review
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 01:21:34 PM »
I think this is a very strong peer review assignment, and could really benefit the students. I especially like the subjective question at the end, asking what the student liked about the essay they reviewed.

The question about logical progression under section B is also a good idea, but perhaps needs to incorporate more explicit language about organization and framework. It's unclear what exactly you're expecting in terms of logical progression.

Offline Muna

• Norbert Poster
  • Karma Points! 3
    • View Profile
Re: My suggestions for Peer Review
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:48:57 PM »
That's right! We might ask them to see if the reasons, supporting details, and examples are written in an order that is easy for them to process, and if not how they would change the order.