Author Topic: Grammar Checker  (Read 979 times)

Offline enowic2

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 6
    • View Profile
Grammar Checker
« on: February 22, 2016, 01:51:52 AM »
http://www.grammarly.com is a website where you can download an extension for your internet browser to check your grammar as you type things in your web browser. You can also download it onto your computer as well. You can also upload word documents to gram marly.com and it will check your grammar for you. Even as a native speaker I use it. It is a little bit better at finding errors than the grammar corrector in Microsoft Word. The best thing about it is that is points out what the error is and also gives an explanation of why what you did was wrong. I find that I mess up articles sometimes when I type quickly, so it's great that it can catch these errors. I think that it would be a great resource for ESL/EFL learners as well. Take a look at the screenshot below of a demo document.

Offline beccasmith

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 6
    • View Profile
Re: Grammar Checker
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 05:09:17 PM »
This is a really cool tool. If students are really motivated to learn this looks like a great extension for them to add so they can get consistent feedback on their grammar issues. Thanks so much for sharing it!