Author Topic: Error correction video  (Read 933 times)

Offline lthorson

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 3
    • View Profile
Error correction video
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:59:36 AM »
I am posting a link to a video that I think is super interesting about using grammar correction and corrective feedback in a real life setting. Watching this video changed my entire view about error correction and corrective feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZr_1B25308

This video does many things, but one of the most important things about it is that it shows different kinds of error correction. The students are all esl students, and the teacher has been working with them for a while, so she knows what they can do better with, and who to kind of sit back on. You can tell she pushes students differently depending on who they are. It is also very useful because she pauses and explains her thinking occasionally.

I know that it may seem a bit much to some teachers, and my error correction use in the classroom is not even close to the extent in which she does it, but you can tell that the students are learning a lot and that they they have co-created a space that is comfortable enough for error correction to take place to this extent.