Author Topic: Hogwarts Mystery: A Harry Potter Mobile Game!  (Read 274 times)

Offline sheccabaw

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 3
    • View Profile
Hogwarts Mystery: A Harry Potter Mobile Game!
« on: March 07, 2018, 10:19:32 PM »
A friend recently shared with me the trailer for Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, an upcoming mobile game for Apple and Android. There's not a lot of information about it yet, but I can definitely see it being a great resource for getting students involved in the text. Players can create their own characters, interact with Hogwarts students, learn spells, get sorted, and more! The game is official under Warner Bros and takes place before Harry's timeline. This can give the opportunity to get away from activities that are focused on the same characters and plot points, while remaining in the HP universe.

We may want to keep an eye on this link and see if they make more announcements-- I can definitely see it being useful, especially for younger crowds!

Offline arzuavci

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hogwarts Mystery: A Harry Potter Mobile Game!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:11:45 PM »
Hi Becca,

This app showed up on my Instagram as an ad just last week and I was thinking about posting it. Personally, I am not a big fan of mobile games but I know a looooooot of people (especially young students) are. Even if it's not an education tool, it can still be adopted for both in-class use or just for fun outside of class.

Here is another app that I've found:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ultimate-trivia-for-harry-potter/id663507388?mt=8

I don't know if it's available for Android but the app is called "Ultimate Trivia for Harry Potter". Well, as the name suggests, it can be used as a quick trivia in class. I am sure many teachers will turn it into a fun activity for their students.

Arzu