Author Topic: Harry Potter Prereading Prompts  (Read 363 times)

Offline sheccabaw

• Buckbeak Poster
  • Karma Points! 3
    • View Profile
Harry Potter Prereading Prompts
« on: March 07, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a thread for HP Prereading yet. So I thought I'd start one! Here are some potential writing/discussion prompts for schema activation:

• Have you read the Harry Potter books before? What do you know about the series? (Be careful using this one for class discussion-- spoilers might slip out!)
  • Have you seen any of the HP movies? What do you think will be different between the books and the movies?
  • What do you think of when you hear the word "wizard?" Based on the cover of the book, do you think Harry and his friends will fit this definition?
  • Looking at the cover of the book, what elements are familiar to you? What elements are unfamiliar? How do you think these things will play a role in the story?
  • In this series, Harry has to get accustomed to culture that is completely different from the one he is used to. Have you had an experience similar to this? Explain.

Feel free to add any more prereading/schema activation ideas that you might have!