Author Topic: AnkiDroid flashcard software for vocab learning  (Read 85 times)

Offline Rschroeder101

• Definitely not Rob
  • Fluffy Poster
  • Karma Points! 2
  • I'm not giving my name to a machine!
    • View Profile
AnkiDroid flashcard software for vocab learning
« on: May 10, 2021, 05:50:17 PM »
A tool that I personally use a lot to learn vocabulary is Anki-droid, which is a computer/cell phone program for learning words and phrases.

Link to tool: https://apps.ankiweb.net/

Students can either draw from an online collection of countless decks, or a more interesting possibility for a classroom is that teachers can make vocabulary decks and distribute them to their students ahead of or during a specific unit or lesson. Any flashcard deck you make can be shared with others.

This program organizes cards based on what students find most difficult or easiest. If you get a word correct easily, and press the "easy" button afterwards, you will not see the word again for a day or so. If you get the word correct really easily 2 days in a row, you might not see it again for a few days to a week. However, if you struggle with a word, you will see it over and over again until you get it right a couple of times in a row, and then you will see it again the next day to reinforce the word. I find this tool to be amazing for building general vocabulary, and this is has potential for helping students with vocabulary learning prior to a reading passage.